A Special Fully Funded Opportunity for a Burnaby Youth to go to Ottawa
Apply now to be our Burnaby Youth Representative!
- What does it mean to be Canadian?
- How does our government work?
- Gain an understanding of your country
- Meet the leaders and the decision makers
- Meet other young Canadians
To qualify you must:
· Be between 16 and 18
· Have excellent academic standing
· Be involved in Community Service with an emphasis on non-school related volunteering
· have leadership abilities
· Be a Canadian citizen or have Landed Immigrant Status
· Be able to go to Ottawa from April 29 – May 2, 2o18
· Attend an interview with a panel of Rotarians – to be scheduled at the end of January.
To apply, send us a 250-word essay to your school’s Scholarship Coordinator (Ms. McChesney in room 325) – TOPIC: “What does being Canadian mean to you?
Deadline for applications – January 12, 2018