Congratulations to all of Alpha’s district and school scholarship winners!
Please don’t forget to write a note of thank-you to the person or organization responsible for funding your scholarship. It’s important to recognize their generosity.
If you need contact information, come and see Ms. McChesney in room 325.
The family of Jean Ciriani, along with the BC School Trustees Association (BCSTA), invites
applications for its Jean Ciriani Scholarship for Communication. The scholarship awards students with exemplary citizenship. More information can be found in the application package: BCSTA 2017 Jean Ciriani Scholarship Package
The application deadline is Friday, June 16, 2017. Submissions will only be accepted via email.
Students are invited to email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Asian Family Association is proud to offer scholarships in the amount of $1000 each in the following categories: (1) Academic Excellence (2) Excellence in Community Involvement/Fine Arts (3) Excellence in Athletics
Mission Statement: The South Asian Family Association (SAFA) is a non-profit organization, created in 2000 by a group of concerned South Asian men and women who wanted to promote cultural harmony. Our mandate is to seek solutions to family based problems plaguing the South Asian community, to promote multiculturalism and to seek and raise cultural awareness, understanding and harmony.
Eligibility Criteria In order to be eligible for a scholarship, a student must:
- Be a student of South Asian descent
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident within the meaning of the Immigration Act
- Be enrolling in his/her first year of full-time studies at a post-secondary institution in Canada or abroad
- Be completing/have completed Grade 12 in a British Columbian high school Note: Relatives and close associates of any active/past member of SAFA are ineligible to apply
See the following website for more information and application forms:
Dogwood scholarships of $1250 are offered by the provincial government to graduating students at Alpha who have demonstrated achievement in one of the following areas:
- Indigenous Languages and Culture, demonstrated at school or in the community
- Fine Arts (including Visual Arts, Dance, Drama, and Music)
- Applied Skills (including Business Ed, Technology Ed, and Home Economics)
- Physical Activity (including Athletics, Dance, and Gymnastics)
- International Languages
- Community Service (Volunteer Activity), which includes demonstration of local and global issues and cultural awareness
- Technical and Trades Training (including Carpentry, Automotive, Robotics, Mechanics, and Cook Training)
If you think you might qualify, please see Ms. McChesney in room 325 before June 1st! There is a very simple and easy form they will need to fill out to qualify for the award.
2017 – 2018 BCIT ENTRANCE AWARDS
The following Entrance Awards are available to students who are planning to attend BCIT commencing April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018.
- Up to 25 BCIT President’s Entrance Awards, available only to current High School students
o Valued up to $4,000 each.
o Deadline: August 5, 2017
- Over 90 additional BCIT Entrance Awards
o Valued up to $5,000 each.
o Deadlines: August 5, 2017 and January 6, 2018
Application forms can be downloaded directly from BCIT’s web site at bcit.ca/finaid.
This is a reminder that applications close in 2 weeks for the 2017 BC Tech Scholarship!
Established in 2005, the industry-funded BC Technology Scholarship Program is proud to provide grants to students who have a proven passion for technology, a desire to leave a mark in the tech sector, and are pursuing a post-secondary education in a BC-based technology-related discipline.
There are up to 6 x $1,000 grants available to Grade 12 Graduates entering post-secondary in September 2017. As for the Equality Scholarship, there is 1 x $1,000 available to University/College students or Grade 12 graduates who belong to one (or more) of the following groups:
- First Nations
- Persons with disabilities
- New immigrants
To view the full criteria, and to apply, visit www.wearebctech.com/scholarship.
Deadline to Apply: May 10, 2017